People who want to get credit often have problems because of the increasing interest rates. However, the CPI index published by the Bank in Turkey is taken into consideration in determining the interest rate on inflation-indexed loans. Accordingly, the calculation is made as Inflation Rate (CPI) + Margin Rate determined by the Bank, which provides advantages to consumers in need of cash.
The characteristics of the inflation-indexed loan are as follows:
- Up to 80% of the housing loan can be obtained in housing loans.
- The maturity of the loan can be up to 120 months.
- Creditors will not pay extra fees if they want to close the debt early or make interim payments.
- The borrower will have the right to switch to a fixed-rate loan product at any time.
- When it comes to housing loans, consumers will be able to buy zero or second-hand housing.
- The credit interest rate will be periodically updated according to the inflation rate (CPI) in 6 or 12-month forms to be selected during the usage phase of consumers.
How Does Interest Rate Change in Inflation-Indexed Loans Change?
The interest rate on these loans is determined periodically by the Central Bank of Turkey in 6-month or 12-month periods. The value taken into consideration when determining interest rates is Inflation Rate (CPI). Accordingly, changes in the inflation rate affect interest rates. However, consumers can switch to fixed-rate products at any time.
What are the advantages of inflation-indexed loans?
Although most consumers wish to take advantage of inflation-indexed loans, they are not aware of the advantages of this product. Accordingly, it is possible to explain the advantages of using credit due to inflation as follows:
• Consumers will be able to switch to fixed interest loans at any time during the repayment period.
• The interest rate to be applied will not exceed the maximum interest rate stated in the loan agreement and there will be a ceiling interest rate application that protects the consumer.
• Interest rates will be automatically updated according to the 6 or 12-month periods chosen by the consumer and all information will be communicated to the customer via e-mail.
• With this type of credit, consumers will be able to pay lower interest rates during periods of inflation.